THE GARAGE THE SAFE ROOM WAS IN, WAS DESTROYED BY A EF3 TORNADO.
THANKFULLY THIS FAMILY HAD A FEMA 320 TEXAS TECH APPROVED SAFE ROOM TO KEEP THEM SAFE FROM THIS DEVASTATING STORM.
ONE OF OUR
SAFEROOMS HIT IN KANSAS
STEEL STORM SHELTERS LLC
*Sizes start at a 3X5X6. Every families setting is unique, so we build our units to meet the needs of each
family. Let us know how many people you would like to accommodate and we can help you decide on the
size that best meets your family needs. (Recommended 5X5X6 unit size minimum if a person occupies
a wheelchair who will be using the unit)
* Tested for 250 mph wind force, at Texas Tech Wind Science Research Center in Lubbock, TX. Meets
and/or exceeds all FEMA and ICC 500 guidelines.
* Put in new homes before walls go up around it; 2-3 hr installation process allows us to set unit and be out
of the way for the contractor to proceed with work with little delay time
* Installs in your existing garage
* Anchors onto concrete slab with Hilti HY100 Epoxy anchoring system on inside so it can go into a corner
or against a wall
* All steel construction. Made of 3/16 steel plate with a 4 inch channel skeleton.
* 1/4 inch plate steel Door; 3 heavy duty steel hinges and a A-311, 3 point lock which is the most convenient for
quick set. It looks a bit 'industrial' but it is a secure locking system.
* 2 passive vents covered with a 4 inch channel on the exterior for protection against debris. HVAC hook ups provided upon
* 3/16 Steel floor covered with Outdoor Living carpet
* Exterior and Interior painted with Farrel Calhoun Industrial paint product color: 0183 Moth Wing
* 1- 16" bench included in all units (3X5 units do not have bench due to limited space)
* It's safe, and right in your home or garage. You don't have to go out in the weather to reach a safe place to be during a storm.
* Units are 3rd party certified with a PE stamp. Units qualify for FEMA grant participation programs when these are current in
your state and county of residence.
* Custom Sizes and Shapes to meet our customers needs. We can convert any room, pre construction, on your house plan into a SafeRoom.
• Shelters are Installed within 50 miles of Henderson, TN. There is charge of $2.75 for each additional mile thereafter.
• 4X6X6; 4X5X6; 5X5X6; 5X6X6; 6X8X6; all units are custom to each families needs. Call for additional pricing. 866-427-8044
• Bunk beds available in 6'0 units
• Makes a great PANIC ROOM.---Upgrade option for a “panic pin” to be added to lock.
• Deadbolt available to keep valuables safe while you're gone if you do not trust using a padlock on the handle of the door.
• Peephole also offered.
• Bullet Resistant design up to a level 8-- the unit is double walled steel. Vents are protected with inner channel covers.
Shop pick up prices available for DIY installs.